Monday, February 21, 2011

Two Applications Sent!!


Last week I mailed my practicum application to Cohen Children's on Long Island and today I sent my application to CHOP.  I completed CHOP's application in a day, it was just xeroxing and some editing, but it was the shipping label that was the kicker in the end.  I fixed the problem so now the others should be easy if they have the same requirements as CHOP.

I finally spoke with a live person at Boston Medical Center and two weeks ago.  While they are not offering a summer internship, she advised me to email my resume since she might know of other places not in the online Child Life Directory of Programs.  I will email her today. 

I am still working on the practicum application for Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, in NH.  Like Connecticut Children's, CHaD requires paragraph length answers to ten questions.  I have a draft of three questions I haven't encountered before and some are basically the same as Connecticut Children's questions.  CHaD also requires a CPR Certification which I was hoping to obtain on February 19th, but it seemed the course I had registered for over a month prior no longer existed.  Sigh.   

I left a voicemail for the administrative assistant to the Psychology department at Simmons College since the professor I'm seeking a recommendation letter from doesn't have a voicemail.  Hopefully, I will hear from someone soon so I can make some real progress with these applications.  

Yale only has a practicum during the Fall and Spring.  Montefiore only opens their internship program to independent students during the summer so if I apply and am accepted, that will mean a move to NYC since internships are full-time.  I may not apply to this program.
 
I need to start working on more applications.  St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philly is in, but A I duPont is not since they don't offer a summer practicum.  I obviously need to think about this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics