Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Slow, Yet Steady


I am still working on Cohen Children's (NY) application packet.  I thought I would have sent this by now, but alas, I haven't.  I could have sworn I had at least two copies of my official transcript because I had to send one to Connecticut Children's.  After thoroughly clearing off my desk going through everything, including my filing cabinets, my transcript could not be found.  I typed up a letter to the Office of the Registrar complete with all the important information and put it in the mail.  Yes, I could go and pick it up in person, but I might forget, so the best thing to do was just mail out the request.  Should be here soon.  Once I get my transcript from Simmons and my sealed recommendation letter, it should be ready to go once I finish the cover letter and read over my essay, making sure it fits their needs and word limit of approximately 300.

I tried calling the acting director of Child Life at Boston Medical Center once again, but it seems there are issues with that number.  After a few minutes of poking around online, I found a number for pediatrics and left a message.  Hopefully someone will be able to tell me if they are offering a summer Child Life internship or practicum.  

I am still working on the practicum application for Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, in NH.  Like Connecticut Children's, CHaD requires paragraph length answers to ten questions.  I have a draft of three questions I haven't encountered before and some are basically the same as Connecticut Children's questions.  CHaD also requires a CPR Certification which I will obtain on February 19th through an Adult, Child and Infant CPR class given through the Red Cross.

I left a voicemail for the administrative assistant to the Psychology department at Simmons College since the professor I'm seeking a recommendation letter from doesn't have a voicemail.  Hopefully, I will hear from someone soon so I can make some real progress with these applications.  

Yale only has a practicum during the Fall and Spring.  Montefiore only opens their internship program to independent students during the summer so if I apply and am accepted, that will mean a move to NYC since internships are full-time.  I may not apply to this program.
 
I think the time has come for me to start working on the applications for CHOP (my hospital), St. Christopher's (both in Philly), and A I duPont in Delaware.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics